Monday 30 November 2015

Batesville nurse finds calling in home health

When a friend encouraged Susie Smart to apply for a nursing position at Approve Home Health Services Inc., she never imagined it would be the first step of a 20-year career or that she would become a co-owner in the company.

“I just fell in love with home health. I went to school to be a hands-on nurse and never dreamed I would be in management or be in an administration role. I miss seeing the patients on a regular basis, but I know I have a wonderful staff that is providing that hands-on care,” Smart said.

A native of the Cord-Charlotte area, Smart earned her licensed practical nursing certification at Gateway Technical College, now the University of Arkansas Community College at Batesville. She went on to complete her registered-nursing degree at North Arkansas Community College and is pursuing a Master of Nursing Science degree at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences in Little Rock. For the full article click here 



from health IT caucus http://ift.tt/1Rgj20n
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment