Saturday 25 April 2015

Nigel Farage: The truth about my health – I am being treated in hospital twice a week

The Ukip leader says: ‘I was not ill but I was in a lot of pain’. He was prescribed strong sleeping pills and anti-inflammatory tablets

Nigel Farage has directly addressed rumours about his health – admitting that he is receiving hospital treatment and has been prescribed Temazepam for a serious back condition.

However the UK Independence Party leader insists he is not seriously unwell and is fit to fight the rest of his general election campaign.

Mr Farage made the admission after being dogged by speculation that he was severely ill and would be unable to take part in negotiations in the event of a hung parliament.

He says he has been forced to speak out after rumours surfaced about his health following a series of campaign appearances in which critics said he looking tired and unwell.

Mr Farage told The Telegraph he has been in “horrible” pain following the recurrence of a serious spinal injury in recent weeks.

The Ukip leader said he is receiving hospital treatment twice a week and has been prescribed strong sleeping pills to help him cope during the election campaign.

In addressing his health, Mr Farage denied he had told “untruths” to voters despite initially denying he was unwell.

“There were a lot of rumours at the start of this campaign that I was unwell which I denied,” he said.

• Nigel Farage ‘excited’ as survey gives him South Thanet lead
• Nigel Farage: I pray to God ‘sometimes’

“I was not unwell – I have not had heart palpitations – but I was getting increasingly terrible pain in my shoulder, my back and so I was suffering from neuralgic pain.

Source: http://ift.tt/1Dlyblz



from health IT caucus http://ift.tt/1FlUfCA
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment